Job Description Summary
The Procurement Manager position will manage packaging and indirect spend for CPS Ireland. The key aspects of the role include the following:
- Define and execute the supply strategy in collaboration with stakeholders within the CPS, Corporate Quality, R&D, global and local business supply strategy ensuring continuity of supply, lowest total cost and the highest standards of quality and service.
- Lead supplier negotiations, contracting and category strategy to ensure sustainable competitive supply.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Define and execute Strategic Sourcing Strategies in line with the 7 Step Sourcing Process.
- Spend Management: manage company spend to ensure to ensure maximum value is always achieved, in a sustainable way.
- Supplier Relationship Management: build and manage supplier relationships to achieve short and long-term business goals across CPS.
- Contract management: ensure the right legal framework is in place with suppliers to protect the company at all times.
- Risk Management & Compliance – ensure all suppliers within your portfolio are compliant with SGP, GFSI and appropriate supply contingencies exist for all managed suppliers
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in a business administration, finance, or supply chain function such as Operations Management, Business Analytics, Accounting, Supply Chain, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- 5+ years relevant procurement or supply chain experience including negotiations, contract management, and/or financial analysis, direct and indirect procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience preferred.
- Operational experience and exposure to working in a multi geography environment is preferred.
- Conduct Regular Business Reviews with Suppliers and Internal Stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate business requirements verbally and in writing.
- Negotiation Skills, Contract Execution; ability to carry out bids to completion and evaluate total cost of ownership.
- Strategic Category Management and Contingency Planning.
- OE tools and principles working knowledge.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving.
- Work positively with persons from different cultures, countries and ethnic backgrounds, and in various positions.
- Ability to work with CPS Supply Chain Leadership Team and all Supply Chain Function Leads, global & plant based finance teams to align on methodologies and reporting governance.
- Fluent written and spoken English and well as strong communication skills are required.
- SAP working knowledge preferred
- The diversity of the internal and external contacts requires the Procurement Manager to achieve goals while working positively with persons from different cultures, countries and ethnic backgrounds, and in various positions.
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment