- Project manages software centered projects, whilst ensuring robust verification & validation.
- Translate User Requirements into functional applications.
- Design, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and apply fixes to ensure application robustness.
- Maintain source control using GIT and TFS, to ensure proper documentation and tracking.
- Integrate new and existing applications to external vendor systems including databases and Industrial devices.
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- Support and implement Plant of the Future work stream initiatives.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience is essential in programming systems support.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Well-structured methodical approach to work.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Strategic in approach.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Proficient in C# and the .Net Technologies (ideally including Windows Presentation Framework).
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient with a database technology essential, preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, VSS, TFS).
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and the SQL query language. LINQ, XML and JSON would be an advantage.
- Experience with industrial manufacturing software for example Batch, SCADA, HMI PLCs or similar an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008 -2016 OS.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering projects in a complex systems environment.
- A recognized Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline required.