We have an exciting opportunity available for a dynamic and experienced Electrician.
The position will be based in the Longford/Roscommon area and will cover the full Connaught region.
The ideal candidate would be a qualified electrician with 3 – 5 years of proven experience in the industrial/Water & Wastewater sector, focused on preventative and reactive maintenance within our Operations Division.
- The role will primarily involve preventative and reactive work in the water and wastewater industry
- Calibration/servicing of on-site instrumentation monitoring equipment (such as pH, Dissolved Oxygen Probes etc)
- Motor & Instrumentation signal verification to Motor Control Centres and PLC including control function verification
- Ability to follow Control panel schematics and troubleshoot control panel faults
- Install, wire, commission, and set up configuration of a full range of variable speed drives, DOL, star delta starters, etc.
- Liaise with Project Supervisors & Managers on electrical solutions and site implementation of the same
- Completion of daily reports and H&S forms as required for day-to-day work on sites
- Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation
- Registration with Safe Electric as a QC would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence
- Safe pass
- Confined space training is desirable
Skills / Attributes;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience within Water or Waste Water treatment industry
- Instrumentation experience with water monitoring equipment
- Technical knowledge of 3-phase motors, pumps, dosing pumps and associated instrumentation
- Fault-finding in general
- Familiarity with PLC’s, automation and telemetry would also be an advantage
- Proven ability to service, maintain & fault find electrical issues including verification of signals back to PLC for inputs and outputs as required for plant control functions
- Familiarity with Treatment process’s being utilized in the water and wastewater industry
- Good computer skill’s
- Working with pumps, motors, dosing equipment (including pumps & controllers), control panels, instruments
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment