We are seeking a Materials Controller for a temporary position in county Mayo
The Materials Controller is responsible for carrying out a number of tasks at a site, all of which can include but not limited to, inventory management, supporting the day-to-day movement of stock, metric review, purchasing, receiving, storeroom management, product delivery, and general customer services activities. You will act as a point of contact for receipt of deliveries, then prepare and deliver orders for internal distribution
- Ensure stock is prepared and maintained for detailed storing
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Receives inbound deliveries daily
- Investigates and actions delivery discrepancies accordingly
- Performs Point Of Use activity/Kanban cycle review
- Moving stock by hand or with machines, taking time to coordinate location pinch points
- Ensure the delivery of goods to the customer locations
- Maintaining stock movement records
- Facilitates orders for consumable inventory replenishment; enters order into order systems
- Maintaining 5/6s standards with customer inventory locations
- Performs all customer site specific tasks as per relevant customer SOW and customer SOP’s
- Responsible for handling hazardous material as required
- Daily Stock Cycle counts & investigates stock count discrepancies
- Deals with all adhoc requests Batch/Certs/COA/COC/MSDS
- Reviews usage consumption and flag reports daily
- Performs additional inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving, provision stock and adhoc reporting as required at site level.
- Interfaces directly with customer site lead, responsible for managing customer Bill of material inventory onsite.
- Identifies additional added value services and implements.
- Utilises and standard computer systems, SAP, Excel, Powerpoint and specific inventory systems in fulfilment of duties
- Responsible for recycling all packaging as per site and/or policy as required.
- Meets Service goals and objectives: safety, performance, and quality as required
- Perform safety auditing of servicing areas.
- Point of contact for audits relating to Inventory program
- In conjunction with Department Manager set own goals and takes ownership of same as per Performance process
- Documents Inventory bills of material change requests as required
- Performs other duties as required
The ideal candidate
- 1-3 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment, warehousing or customer service
- Leaving certificate
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively within team environments
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills,
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Stores/Warehouse and stock management experience essential
- Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organization and colleagues
- To be flexible with working hours when required in order to deliver the service required to our customers
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, precise attention to detail
- Ability to partner with other teams and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal and external key partners and stakeholders
- Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Outstanding communication skills on all levels and problem-solving
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Standards and Good Manufacturing Standards
- Manual Handling, Chemical Awareness training completed an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge Lean Six Sigma process improvement and project coordination an advantage
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.