An exciting opportunity for a Lean Specialist to join an established company in County Mayo has arisen.
Job Description Summary:
The role is to lead, facilitate and participate in Continuous improvement projects, including rapid improvement projects using Agile and Kaizen methodologies. Key responsibility of this role will include:
– taking a leading role in completing diagnostics to identify waste and identify value creation opportunities.
– support the training and development of Associates in the use and application of Operational Excellence (OE) to drive sustainable business improvement.
What you will do:
- Successful implementation of improvement projects using various methodologies, including standard project management, Agile and Kaizen events
- Structured approach in the gathering and use of data to determine insights.
- Analysis of data and information to prioritise improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Set and deliver on ambitious step change improvements targets.
- Facilitate and lead the implementation of process improvements and problem solving using various OE methodologies.
- Preparation and presentation of data analysis, proposals and results of improvement projects.
- Embed and sustain improvements using a structured change management approach.
- Utilise networks to import and export best practice, internal and externally.
- Engage with individuals and teams to develop knowledge and understanding.
- Certificate and or Diploma in a Technical Discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or supply chain environment, leading and supporting successful process improvement events within a team.
- Green or black belt qualification in Lean and/or Six Sigma is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent analytical skills and development of insights.
- Demonstrated practical experience in the use and application of OE tools & techniques.
- Strong leadership, coaching, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of change management in a team-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level of software proficiency – e.g., Excel, Power Bi, SAP, Word, Power point.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.