Our client, who is a multinational manufacturing company, is seeking to recruit an IT Technician to join their European manufacturing operation in Castlebar.
Responsible for general maintenance of desktop hardware and software. This includes, but is not limited to, desktop computers, laptops, printers, copiers, phones, and other peripherals.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Setup new computers and related systems. Install, configure, and maintain desktop hardware and software in a timely manner to maximize organizational performance.
- Document installation procedures and hardware/software issues that arise.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software failures and replace or repair as needed.
- Train and provide technical support to end users and other technical support staff in the uses and abilities of systems.
- Maintain security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Troubleshoot network connection problems.
- Contribute to and maintain system and network standards.
- Research and report on new technology
- Research and report on any IT security threat
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or significant college coursework and/or experience in a related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience with computer hardware, software, and networking or related field.
- Microsoft: Printing, Windows Desktop OS, Office.
- Security: Windows, NTFS (New Technology File System).
- Network topology.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical employees.
- Able to accurately troubleshoot computer and systems problems.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills to solve hardware and software related issues.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad fills the very busy position of Recruitment Administrator in Arcon. This position is multi-faceted and involves providing support to the Recruitment team. Mairead’s day is never typical, and she has a great ability to prioritise tasks in an ever-changing and pressurised environment. Mairéad also manages our extensive database and regularly “catches up” with our registered candidates to make sure the information we have on file is always up to date and correct.