Our client is a multinational manufacturing company based in Mayo who is recruiting for Graduate Manufacturing Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maximize manufacturing process performance and clean room layout through leading effective implementation of suitable problem-solving tools and lean initiatives & methodologies.
- Manage Single Use System engineering projects to ensure that initiatives are met, timelines are adhered to and associated costs targets are achieved, etc.
- Apply a scientific approach to problem-solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to track and maximise equipment utilization e.g. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Work with operations, machine build shop, facilities and EH&S on equipment requirements and/or sourcing suitable equipment from outside providers.
- Attend new equipment design reviews and provide recommendations for ease of operation, maintenance and robustness of design.
- Manage procurement, installation and startup of new processes and equipment.
- Manage testing and validation of critical equipment and processes.
- Support the Quality department via creation of SOPs, assisting with deviation or excursion responses, testing and analysis, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining Production SOP’s.
- Promote efficient and ergonomic manufacturing techniques.
- Interface with and offer continuous improvement support for the MES/ERP systems.
- Creates support documentation including process flows.
- Work with operators/leads/supervisors to identify areas of improvement on existing equipment.
- Prepare drawings for equipment modification using 2-D and 3-D CAD software.
- Assist maintenance with troubleshooting and repair of equipment as needed.
- Ensure that all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Liaise with maintenance department to define maintenance SOPs and schedule work orders on PM system.
- Provide product support for Single Use Systems in production.
- Train operators on the use of new equipment and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring designs are manufactured accurately to developed specifications.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Level 8 Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
- Demonstrate a motivated & flexible approach to work with a results-oriented attitude.
- Industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- Must be Proficient with MS Office software including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with cleanroom manufacturing is beneficial.
- Experience working in a regulated industry is beneficial.
- Must have strong English Language written and verbal communication skills.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment