Our client is seeking to recruit a Part Time Financial Accountant, based in Ballina, Co. Mayo
– 1 c/a; No.2 c/a and Stg c/a – Monthly Bank reconciliations through excel sheets and relevant NL postings to Intact.
- Nominal Ledger:
– Post Bank Reconciliation journals.
– Post month end NL journals.
– Post year end journals – Stock valuations; Accruals; Prepayments and Audit journals.
– Reports as required for year-end Accounts and monthly reconciliations.
– Monthly Reconciliation of all Nominal Control Accounts
- Statutory Returns:
– Intrastat (Monthly)
– Vat (Bi-Monthly)
– Vat Summary of Trading Return (Annually)
– CSO Returns – Earnings, Hours & Employment Costs survey Form B-1/4
– Monthly Service Inquiry – MSI
– Quarterly Assets Inquiry – QRW
– Annual Services Inquiry
- Statutory Returns:
– Set up new employees on micro-pay system and generally upkeep employee data on system.
– Finalise all clocking data from clock-in system. Liaise with relevant managers/staff on clocking system issues.
– Input hourly time worked for employees on micro-pay system.
– Send EFT file to Bank weekly.
– Execute micro-pay year-end procedures.
– Manage Staff holiday entitlements
- Year-end Financial Accounts
– Preparation of Accounts to Draft Level, including specific tasks of:
– Cut-off work on Closing Stock – Goods sold not delivered by NL Sales code.
– Depending on Stock-take date – Goods sold after Stock take but before year end adjustment by NL code.
– Intact Trial balance to be entered on excel sheet.
– Preparation of Audit file by verification of Balance Sheet Items, e.g. Fixed Assets, Debtors, Stock, Bank & Cash, Creditors & Accruals.
- General Office Support Duties
– Cover for Cash Clerk, reconciling Cash tills with Sales reports, when required.Saturday work: take part on 7-8 week rota to manage Cash takings, lodgements, Till reconciliations, etc…
– Any other support duties for Financial Controller as required.
- Accountant Technician Level or Equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience, in particular in payroll
- Must be able to work 20-30 hours per week
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Organised, efficient, and a strong attention to detail
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment