We are seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant on behalf of our client in Co. Mayo
- To assist in the preparation of annual accounts and finances for the external auditor.
- To review operator invoices and ensure the information presented is accurate.
- To process accounts on the TAS Accounting system and prepare the monthly invoices.
- Process payments of all invoices and ensure a proper trail exists from requisition to payment.
- To ensure the purchase order process in place is followed for all procurement and expenditure.
- To make sure a bank mandate form is completed by each new supplier and a call back is performed to verify bank details.
- To ensure aged creditor/debtor reports are prepared and reviewed on a monthly basis and dated appropriately.
- Monitor expenditure and provide budgetary statements as required.
- Input payments on the BOI online payment system
- Assist the financial controller in preparation of reports and other documentation.
- To provide cover for the financial controller when on leave etc.
- To perform other duties appropriate to the role, as may be required and agreed.
Essential skills and personal qualities required:
- Qualified accountant OR qualified accountant technician OR a minimum of 3 years financial administrative experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications 365 & Software Accounting Systems (TAS/Sage)
- Demonstrable experience and a reasonable grounding in finance and administration in particular in the community and voluntary or nonprofit sector.
- Experience of the Corporate Governance requirements of companies limited by guarantee .
- Excellent IT skills including demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to process information and deal with challenges quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team.
- Enjoy the challenging atmosphere of a business set-up and perform well under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including ability to deal with the requirements of a wide range of contracted operators and client partners.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize own work to meet agreed objectives.
- Experience in dealing with community and voluntary organisations
- Experience of working in the transport and/or health sector
- Working knowledge of the Irish Language
The role is for a 4 day week 28 hours in total
For more information, please contact Maria at Arcon Recruitment