Applications Engineer Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Leads Mentoring Program for onboarding Applications Engineering team members in the EU.
- Collaborates with HQ leadership on a regular basis to review essential KPIs and take action to ensure performance is on-track, making sound business decisions based on said KPIs.
- Evaluates performance of Applications Engineering team members in the EU on a regular basis, holding team members accountable for their commitments.
- Clearly communicates workflow and prioritization with team.
- Manages multi-departmental projects to ensure that initiatives and specifications are satisfied, timelines are adhered to, associated cost targets are achieved, etc.
- Ensures processes and products are compliant with cGMP and compatible with the regulatory environment required by our pharmaceutical customer base.
- Communicates organizational needs and resolves general conflicts.
- Supports continuous quality improvement initiatives throughout organization.
- Supports efficiency and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure best practices are communicated throughout the organization.
- Assists with Applications Engineering core functions including supporting client inquiries:
- Develops single-use systems designs based on user and process requirements.
- Manages Applications Engineering Projects in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to streamline and track interdepartmental customer-related communication.
- Manages library of single-use componentry for use in single-use assemblies.
- Supports single-use systems production.
- Provides product support for single-use systems.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent technical discipline from four-year college or university.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience as a technical specialist in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally in the areas of Single-Use Systems and filtration in upstream or downstream processing.
- Must have at least one year of direct management experience with proven track record of leading a technical team.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience in responding to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Demonstrate computer skills, including familiarity with CAD and proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Proven track record in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent attention to detail is necessary as single-use assemblies are used in the production and use of life saving drugs.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other departments as well as parties external to the organization.
- Able to lead client discussions and present technical capabilities.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.