Our client is a Multinational manufacturer who is looking for Process & Product Development Engineer in Mayo.
- Provides support for development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Quality, Maintenance and Operations functions.
- Product/machine validation and testing
- Provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems
- Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Process costing
- Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes :
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical knowledge and principles; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development.
- Minimum 3 years industrial experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification desirable
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open minded- able to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- A good understanding of FMEA, ISO 9001:2015 and/or ISO 13485 is desirable
For more information Contact David at Arcon Recruitment
Technical & Engineering Recruitment Consultant
David is the most recent addition the the Arcon Team. A Galway native recently settled in Foxford, David is a very experienced recruiter. he spent several years working with agencies in the fast paced London market and now utilises his skills to fill positions in the Technical and Engineering division of Arcon.