Our client is seeking to recruit a Warehouse & Distribution Manager to join their team based in Mayo. The Warehouse and Distribution Manager reports to the Planning & Logistics Manager and is expected to play a key role as a member of the Wider Management Team.
- Lead & motivate a team of professional Warehouse Shift Managers and Warehouse Associates.
- Management and responsibility for Shipping, Receiving, Production Support including some production operations.
- Ensures alignment with overall functional & plant objectives.
- Develop resource plans with direct reports to ensure optimum delivery of the overall business plan.
- Lead the Operational Excellence program in the Warehouse to drive continuous improvement and eliminate waste.
- Develop the ongoing Storage and Distribution strategy for the Mayo operation in conjunction with key stakeholders of the Warehouse & Logistics Automation, Logistics & Facilities teams.
- Prepare detailed budget estimates, manage headcount requirements, and actively manage the cost under their remit.
Skills and Experience:
- 8 – 10 years of Materials/Logistics experience in world class, high volume manufacturing facilities, including management experience required.
- Third level qualification, a diploma or degree in a Business or Technical discipline.
- Experience in the transportation, handling and managing offsite transport scenarios required.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a high-performing business environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritize accordingly.
- Experience in operating and managing Automated Material Handling systems.