Our Client a Mechanical Building Contractor in Longford is seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team. They work in the Pharma Construction space and this role would work very closely with the Client. Ideally it would suit a candidate with 2+ years experience.
- Develop and maintain environmental, health & safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and technical standards and best practices.
- Lead and support existing safety programmes to include but not limited to: chemical management (REACH, CLP), ergonomics and machine safety.
- Enhance environmental management programmes in preparation for IPC licencing requirements and lead environmental initiatives such as energy reduction and waste management.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure compliance and enhancement of the safety culture. Play an important role in promoting and driving a pro-active health & safety culture.
- Arrange, support and chair meetings and forums to drive an enhanced performance with a particular focus on leading EHS indicators. Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier board reporting structure.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver EHSE training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Level 8 degree in EHS or related field. Environment Qualification, preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the Construction, medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- A thorough knowledge of EHS legislation
- Thorough knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety legislation and experience in environment management systems.
- Self-motivated, results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives.
- Proven ability to influence safety culture.
- Proven team player. Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment by email at [email protected], by mobile on 087 2348835.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.