Senior R&D Engineer required for our client in Leitrim
This involves, but is not limited to:
- Works independently or with minimal guidance
- Solving complex problems or problems where precedent does not exist and takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Contributes to products/services or process improvements or uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Serves as a specialist or expert within own job discipline
- Has in-depth working knowledge in own discipline and good knowledge of related disciplines
- Often leads projects or project steps within a broader project or has accountability for on-going activities or objectives
- Formally trains junior staff or acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Level at which the professional career may stabilize for many years or until retirement
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own job discipline and moderate knowledge in related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Leads smaller projects with moderate complexity and manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems
- Takes a new perspective on existing solutions and exercises judgement based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus in complex situations
- Third level Qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Biomedical; Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Technology / Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent)
- Ideally design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge)
- A Senior position may exist with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Motivated and Self-starting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing, fast-paced environment.
- High level computer skills including Microsoft Excel Powerpoint and Word. Solid Edge and MS Project desirable.
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.