Our Client, one of the fast-growing construction companies in Ireland, is seeking a Senior Site engineer to join their team in Galway.
As a Senior Site Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the project manager and project team to deliver quality projects from inception to handover. Projects can include schools, residential developments, commercial developments, and refurbishment.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company with excellent career opportunities, To work in a friendly and supportive work environment with a company that places great value on its staff.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Establish and maintain procedures with the design team, client, and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings, and reporting.
- Reporting to the management team on the programme schedule and ensuring compliance with plans, specifications, and building standards.
- Setting out using total station & GPS equipment.
- Undertaking surveys and ensuring engineering details are being followed on site.
- Supervising subcontractors and checking the quality of work.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, quantity surveyors, and other project stakeholders.
- Conduct document reviews, scheduling and attending site meetings to ensure overall compliance with the building schedule.
- Reporting to the Project Manager and senior management team on all aspects of engineering to do with the project.
- Managing & providing training to Junior staff & Engineers
- Ensuring compliance with agreed construction methods, particularly those relating to Quality Assurance and Health & Safety.
- Manage project close out including securing warranties, guarantees and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor closing, including as built submissions.
- Prepares and submits reports and other site paperwork in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in a similar position.
- Engineering Degree required.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and be competent in all aspects of setting out, surveying, and temporary works.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of MS office.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Strong Management Skills
- Full Irish Driving licence.
For more information, Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Thomas: Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.