Our client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the Galway region.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that is paving the way with innovative ideas using new building technologies and materials. Being part of a company with a giving back ethos and a long-established Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES of this role include;
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Provide efficient administration and reporting to management and clients.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and be responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract and agreement of interim payments.
- Negotiate and engage with subcontractors, prepare and manage subcontractor and suppliers records.
- Process contractual claims and ensure accounts are closed in a timely manner
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Be part of the business development team to help grow the business and develop new business opportunities.
- Manage a team of Quantity Surveyors, providing guidance and expertise to the various job tasks.
The successful candidate
- Third-level Qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Excellent knowledge of forms of contract within the Irish Construction Industry.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- 6+ years experience.
- Strong numeracy and communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to meet financial targets and deadlines.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the construction industry process, techniques, and systems.
For more information, Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Thomas: Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.