Our client is seeking a Project Manager in Galway
This is a great opportunity to join a company that is paving the way with innovative ideas using new building technologies and materials. A friendly and supportive work environment with a company that places great value on its staff.
As a Project Manager, you will work collaboratively with the contracts manager and company director to deliver high-quality projects from inception to handover. Projects can include schools, residential developments, commercial developments, and refurbishment.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Develop project plans and schedules and execute plans to achieve agreed outcomes
- Comply with the Health & Safety aspects of the project in line with company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
- Meet agreed objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, quality and client satisfaction.
- Work to resolve critical site issues.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Obtain all necessary internal permits.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life-cycle.
- Manage the day to day site operations of subcontractors on site
- Manage the day-to-day internal finishes on site
- Help manage project in line with the agreed production targets
- Manage the work flow of sub-contractors ensuring they’re in line with the program of works on site
- Agree sub-contractors’ long term and short term program and monitor performance
- Ensure highest level of health and safety and Quality is upheld at all times
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in a PM role in construction.
- Ideally experienced in Public Contract construction.
- Must have experience Project Managing the construction of Residential developments
- Third level qualification in construction management/Civil Engineering.
- Excellent delegation & organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of quality and safety management systems.
- Good IT skills with ability to generate detailed site reports.
- Ability to drive projects and work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Full Irish driving licence.
For more information Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Thomas: Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.