Civil’s Estimator required for our award-winning client in Galway
The Estimator will be responsible for coordinating a bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process when required. The Estimator will be responsible for managing an opportunity from prequalification through to contract award, including value proposition/strategy development, win themes, commercial considerations, partner identification and liaison, and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It is a great opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join an enthusiastic and ambitious company who are already strongly established in the Irish Market.
Benefits: 39-hour working week, Early finish on Fridays, 21 days annual leave, 10 bank holidays, Healthcare and pension after 2 years of service, depending on the role van, fuel card laptop, and phone.
- Identify and track tender opportunities and leads
- Liaising with the bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from design, estimating and project delivery teams
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all elements are included in the final price to the customer
- Take offs preparation
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process including the preparation of risk registers
- Contributing to the written / technical proposal – both in terms of content and presentation
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, Project)
- Ideally with Knowledge of Estimating tools (CCS, Conquest)
- Proven capability in delivering winning, Civil Infrastructures project Bids. Ideally has a background in the general Civils sector and experience of bid from opportunity identification through to bid submission, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design (when required).
- Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace and possess sound commercial understanding and risk management skills.
- Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities.
- Have a solid understanding and experience of the implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar.
For more information Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.