Our Client, a Global Consultancy in Dublin, requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
About the team
Our firm is an independent global consultancy with a specific real estate division that offers a range of services to the construction and property industry, including project cost, cost management, risk management, and contract services for clients throughout Ireland. This division is only one of a range of services that finds solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
About the opportunity
The successful candidate’s primary role will be working within the firm’s Real Estate team, dealing with various real estate projects. This will involve conducting general QS activities such as estimating, procurement, conducting feasibility studies, conducting tender evaluations, issuing tender packages, cash flow projections, post-contract cost control, project monitoring, and other related activities.
- Defined contribution pension plan with the option to make additional voluntary contributions – contribution rates are related to pensionable service years
- Bonus eligible – bonus is discretionary and based on company / personal performance
- 24 days annual leave rising with service and the opportunity to purchase additional days
- Healthcare – corporate rates with the three main Irish providers
- Subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Life assurance – 2 times salary if not a member of pension plan. If a member of pension plan: 4-time salary if single, 10 times salary if married
- Tax saver travel / cycle to work schemes
- Time Out – Employees can request a four-week block of unpaid leave each year, to be taken at a time that works for the firm and client commitments
- Flexible working. Hybrid option.
The Role will involve:
- Assist our Real Estate Advisory department on construction matters from inception to delivery of a completed project
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Produce detailed cost plans
- Produce bills of quantities
- Conduct tender evaluations
- Carry out post contract cost control
- Act as project monitor on large capital projects to financial institutions
- Conduct risk evaluations on building and infrastructure projects
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Quantity Surveyor extensive experience post qualification experience in the construction industry.
- SCSI Chartered is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Be able to work in a team-based consultancy environment
- Flexible approach and committed team player
- Ideally suited to candidates with PQS experience.
- Well-presented and professional with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good PC skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and knowledge of build soft, cost X & Autodesk products.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
How you’ll grow
Our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to deliver their best work every day.
Is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, our people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
For further information, please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.