Our Client, An established Fit out company in Dublin requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor / Client.
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Commercial Manager.
- Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- Set an example of the Company’s professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the director
The Individual :
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience of acting as a Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Excellent commercial aptitude and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- High level of numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.