Our client is seeking a PROJECT MANAGER in Cork.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring the highest standards of safety and environmental protection are consistently maintained, and strive to out-perform standard practice at every opportunity
• Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained and meets the business policy and exceeds client expectation
•Ensuring that the programme and budget are central to decision-making during the coordination and management of project deliverables
• Active participation in Client meetings as the lead representative of the business
• Ensure procurement is progressed in line with the project programme/schedule;
• Ensure supply chain value is achieved through a competitive tendering process and continuous challenge
• Maintain oversight on all technical aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables
• Continuous liaison with and coordination of project support staff including SHEQ, Planning, Commercial
• Report to the Contracts Manager both on an informal ad-hoc basis and on a formal basis, focussing on agreed KPI’s and key deliverable Leadership of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision staff, the Procurement team, the Commissioning team and the Design team
• Detailed understanding of the project scope and active management of change from this scope utilising the contractual mechanisms set out in our signed contracts.
• Coordination and managerial responsibility for the design, procurement, subcontract packages of work, DfMA/OSB, commissioning and handover process;
• Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key experience necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role:
• At least 3 years in a Project Manager role in the Water Industry, preferably with a Tier 1 contractor
• A mechanical or electrical-based academic qualification, preferably degree level
For more information, Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.