Our client is seeking A PROJECT ENGINEER. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business in the Irish market.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring the highest standards of safety and environmental protection are consistently maintained, and strive to out-perform standard practice at every opportunity
• Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained and meets the business policy and exceeds client expectation
• Coordination and managerial input to the design, procurement, sub-contract packages of work, DfMA/OSB, commissioning and handover process;
• Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget
• Ensuring that the programme and budget are considered during the coordination and management of project deliverables
• Active participation in Client meetings; including attendance at the monthly Progress Meetings as required
• Awareness of the project scope and monitoring deviation from this scope. This would include the Contractor scope and the subcontractor scope. Advise the Project Manager as scope change occurs or is likely to occur
• Ensure procurement is progressed in line with the project programme/schedule;
• Ensure supply chain value is achieved through a competitive tendering process and challenges
• Maintain an oversight on all technical aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables
• Maintain close liaison with the design and commissioning teams and ensure that all technical inputs are considered in the project delivery
• Liaison with and coordination of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision staff, the Procurement team, the Commissioning team and the Design team
• Continuous liaison with and coordination of project support staff including SHEQ, Planning, Commercial
• Report to the Project Manager both on an informal ad-hoc basis. Furthermore provide informal feedback to the Contracts Manager on an ad-hoc basis
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key experience necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role:
• At least five years in a Project Engineer role in the Water Industry, preferably with a Tier 1 contractor
• A mechanical or electrical-based academic qualification
• CSCS Card and EUSR Water Hygiene card
For more information Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.