Our Client has a vacancy for a Contracts Manager to join our Contracts Team based in the West of Ireland.
- Project manage all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations primarily focused on Mechanical/Electrical/ICA requirements with minor civil works included.
- On Contract award, review tender submissions and develop plan for contract delivery.
- Take the lead on Contract Design, considering innovative solutions and opportunities for off- site manufacture.
- Lead & mentor a team of engineers in the delivery of new & existing contracts.
- Oversee commercial matters arising during Contract delivery – from supporting Project engineers with procurement of materials, negotiating subcontracts with the supply chain, and managing commercial matters with Clients.
- Monitoring Project programmes for multiple contracts.
- Co-ordinating regular Contract review meetings with the contracts Team.
- Ensuring monthly invoicing targets are being achieved.
- Creating project programme and ensuring that all required project interfaces are allowed for, from design to final site commissioning & handover.
- Liaising & co-ordinating all works with the Client and relevant stakeholders.
- Management of all site labour including subcontractors.
- Ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
- Writing engineering reports, reviewing method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Ensuring procedures are in place which facilitate the safe delivery of Contracts.
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma or craft Qualification would be an advantage.
- Candidates with life experience in similar role or candidates with ambition to develop & looking for that opportunity.
- Full clean driving licence
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience & ability to manage, mentor and improve team members.
- Proficiency in PC skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Experience in mechanical & Electrical design and ability to review and interpret specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of various process designs in the Water & Wastewater Treatment sector.
- Proving track record in delivery of projects with a mechanical & electrical focus.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewater Industry.
- Proven experience in delivery of projects with strong emphasis on H & S.
For more information, Contact David at Arcon Recruitment
Technical & Engineering Recruitment Consultant
David is the most recent addition the the Arcon Team. A Galway native recently settled in Foxford, David is a very experienced recruiter. he spent several years working with agencies in the fast paced London market and now utilises his skills to fill positions in the Technical and Engineering division of Arcon.
Check out all our positions here!