We are currently recruiting for a large-scale Building Contractor, who requires a Junior Site Engineer to join their team in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Working with the company’s engineering team to maintain and improve safety standards and the Safety culture on site.
- Using modern instruments, you will set out all elements of the work issued.
- Preparing As-built drawings on completion of various elements of the works.
- You will maintain accurate site records.
- You will review drawings, and specifications and effectively communicate information to the entire team.
- Also required to plan work and efficiently manage the plant, resources and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Quantifying and ordering materials for incorporation into the works.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- To ensure that all materials used and works executed are done so safely as per the specifications.
- Management of the day-to-day running of the site.
- As well as supervise and monitor the site labour force and the work of the subcontractors.
The successful candidate should have:
- Junior Site Engineer Level Experience (Beneficial)
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Should understand modern setting out instruments and have the competency to use them.
- Must have knowledge of construction procedures and methods
- Must have knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Procedures
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad fills the very busy position of Recruitment Administrator in Arcon. This position is multi-faceted and involves providing support to the Recruitment team. Mairead’s day is never typical, and she has a great ability to prioritise tasks in an ever-changing and pressurised environment. Mairéad also manages our extensive database and regularly “catches up” with our registered candidates to make sure the information we have on file is always up to date and correct.
Check out all our construction positions here!